If you’re thinking about adding to your house or renovating part of it, consider building an Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU). ADUs allow you to get more from your property by increasing your property’s value, adding extra living space and providing a source for additional income.
Daniel’s Development Group Inc. offers experienced professional ADU contractors in the Los Angeles area.
What Is an ADU?
An ADU is a secondary housing unit on your property. ADUs are flexible, and you can construct them to suit your specific needs. You can consider adding several common types of ADUs to your home:
- Attached: These attach directly to your existing home.
- Detached: These are removed completely from your existing home.
- Internal: Internal ADUs are built from an existing room within your home.
- Garage conversion: These are made by converting your garage into a usable ADU.
During your free consultation with Daniel’s Development Group Inc., we can help you decide which type of ADU is best for you based on your needs and existing home.
Benefits of Adding an ADU
ADUs offer many benefits and can even provide a substantial return on investment:
- Additional living space: ADUs can add living space equal to many new apartments and are perfect for families, couples and seniors.
- Passive income: Convert your ADU into a rented residential space to turn your investment into a viable business. You could earn $2,500 per month on average.
- Flexibility: Your ADU’s function is limited only by your imagination. These additions make excellent guest rooms, apartments, art studios, living spaces and more.
- Cost-effectiveness: ADUs are generally much cheaper than other building projects because they do not require you to pay for land, structured parking or any major new infrastructure.
ADU Costs in Los Angeles
The cost of building a new ADU can vary greatly based on the design and ADU type you choose. Garage conversions are one of the most popular ADUs, and they are one of the cheapest options. Since the groundwork is already set, it is easier to convert just the interior into your dream ADU.
Another budget-friendly option for your home is an interior conversion ADU. Since this addition’s boundaries already exist within your home, it is usually much easier to obtain a permit and cheaper to start building.
Fully detached ADUs built from the ground up cost more and increase your property value overall. Detached ADUs are also a good option if you intend to rent yours.
Choose Daniel’s Development Group Inc. to Build Your ADU
At Daniel’s Development Group Inc., our clients work directly with our experienced contractors to create an ADU that fulfills all their needs. Work with us for quality you can trust.
Adam B. – Mark is a true gem in the contractor space, and he and his team are total professionals, both in the way they interact with us clients and in the quality of the work they produce. My wife and I had him convert a garage into an ADU, this included extending back to add a bedroom and converting the existing garage structure into a full bathroom, kitchen, and living room area. Mark was super responsive and always provided budgetary options before decisions we made.